Consumers often get into financial trouble when they fail to take into account the consequences of their irresponsible spending. A plan is a good idea to help you save money and pay off your debts. These resources will assist you in setting up a budget and deciding which creditor to pay.
Must Read: https://www.followlaw.co.uk/bankruptcy/
Bankruptcy Resources: Checklists and Sample Forms
- Checklist – Debts that Must Be Paid First – A list of financial priorities to help people with financial problems plan a strategy to pay down debts and balance a budget. This checklist can be used to organize your debts and determine which ones have higher consequences. This will help you to decide which debts you need to pay first to get out of debt quickly.
Sample “Cease Communication” Letter to Creditor. This sample “cease communications” letter is intended to prevent creditors calling you and asking for payment. It is in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. After receiving a cease communication letter, creditors are prohibited from contacting you. If you are being harassed by creditors, this is a crucial step. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act has rules that govern when and how creditors may contact you. Keep in mind that creditors cannot contact you at work and can only contact your between 8am and 9pm. They are also prohibited from using profane or threatening words.
- Sample Budget – This budget is a sample to help families organize their incomes and expenses. It also includes instructions on how to calculate your monthly discretionary income. It will help you know where your money is going and how much you want each month to reach your financial goals.
- Sample Personal Financial Statement – This sample form is designed to assist individuals and households in determining the value of their assets at any given time. It also helps to monitor changes in the asset value. This document is a valuable tool for assessing the value of your assets. It is possible to be surprised at the number of assets you have.
- Sample Billing Dispute letter – A sample letter to creditors for disputing a bill statement. It includes a summary of key legal requirements (such required billing statement disclosures, time limits for responding) You should correct billing errors immediately. Billing errors are not uncommon. Any billing errors that you notice will be required to be notified to creditors in writing.
- Request for Credit Report Sample If You’ve Recently been Denied Credit – A sample credit report request letter to consumers who were recently denied credit. It includes contact information for all three major credit reporting agencies. Creditors are required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act to inform consumers about why a credit application was denied.
Most Popular: https://www.lawsure.us/car-accident-basics /
For guidance on your particular situation, a bankruptcy attorney can help you determine where to begin with documents and the first steps.